Sunday, April 3, 2011

Composition Assignment

Assignment Description
For this assignment we had to research different elements of photo composition. Then we were sent to go around the school to take pictures in order represent each one of them. There were 11 elements that we had to represent. The purpose of this assignment was to introduce us to our cameras a little better and how to use them. Most of these elements were not hard to find, but a few made me think outside the box.


What I Learned
During this assignment I definitely learned a lot about the camera. I learned how to take a much better picture with these small elements. I used to think that all you had to do was find a good object to take a picture of, and shoot. This assignment taught me that there is so much more to it. It intruduced me to most of the basics that I will be using in the course of this class. I also learned that photos of the most random things can turn out to be some of your best photos. I think that before this assignment I really underestimated what i could do and I proved myself wrong.

Photo 1: Lines; Back stage ropes in the Auditorium
Photo 2: Texture; Scones in the school restaurant
Photo 3: Rule of Thirds; Pink Flower
Photo 4: Pattern; Ramp in Auto Repair
Photo 5: Symmetry; Ceiling in the High School
Photo 6: Depth of Field; Saline All State wall
Photo 7: Color; V8 juice
Photo 8: Balance; Sunset in the school
Photo 9: Framing; Jess in the window
Photo 10: Space; White and orange yarn diamond
Photo 11: Perspective; Looking up on the stairs


No comments:

Post a Comment