Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Motion Demo

Today we did a motion demo. The point of this assignment was to teach us how to capture motion while the background is blurred. The key to this was the ability to pan with our cameras in order to catch the moving object. At first I had trouble with not panning, so Mr. Bush was in blur while the background was clear.  I had to find a way to flip-flop the two and i figured out that I just had to move the camera at the same speed as Mr. Bush and just follow him the whole way. We had to set our shutter speed fairly quickly in order to catch this moving object. It was really neat to be able to capture the moment because I have never really learned how to pan properly. I used to think that in order to capture motion, you just had to be lucky. This class is slowly proving me wrong. From here on I would like to see that cool pictures i can get from using this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment